Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 01:58:01 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Tandberg contacts anyone

Hi, Reference:
> From: Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
>
>  Just had my trusty Tandberg TDC3660 die on me in the middle of a run with
> a HARDWARE FAILURE, asc:55,0, field replaceable unit: 6.
>
>  Anyone with contacts at Tandberg or references that might be able to give
> me some idea where to look?  A strip and rebuild doesn't show any obvious
> signs of death, and as I said it was running along fine, and just stopped.

A friend's 60M drive `died' too 2 weeks ago,
i connected it to my machine, & it was OK again
no idea why, ask him ! his email is n1epo4tl@ibmmail.com
he knows name of an ftp server he got new eprom images from,
that'll be a start for you.
He also has a TDC 3620/3640/3660 Ref Manual
	part no 411359 Publ no 5671 June 1988 Rev No 2
(I have too, but talk to him plse.,  as you've got mutual interests there).

PS off the manual:
	Tandberg Data A/S
	Data Storage Division
	PO Box 9, Korvsoll
	N-0808 Oslo 8, Norway
	Tel +47.2.189090
	Fax +47.2.189550
	Telex 74606 tdata n
Nope No Web quoted.

PS previous old mail from you archived here:
	Tandberg are tdata.no, and my contact there was wimo@tdata.no.
Dunno if thats right tho'.

> --
> ]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au    [[
> ]] Genesis Software                     genesis@atrad.adelaide.edu.au   [[
> ]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 0411-222-496       [[
> ]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax)  +61-8-267-3039        [[
> ]] Collector of old Unix hardware.      "Where are your PEZ?" The Tick  [[

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/