Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2012 03:30:01 GMT
From:      KAHO Toshikazu <kaho@elam.kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/174409: stopping during resume caused by io_apic.c change(r243764)

The following reply was made to PR amd64/174409; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: KAHO Toshikazu <kaho@elam.kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
To: Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 12:27:17 +0900

   Hello,

 > Could you please re-apply r243764 and then try the following _hack_?

   Yes, the machine can wake up with pure head src + this patch.

 > Also, not sure if I asked before the following questions related to
 > debugging possibilities.
 > Does this system have a serial port?  Are you able to setup serial
 > console access?
 > Or the same for firewire port/console.
 > Does this system preserve memory content across reboot/reset?
 > In other words, can you see messages from the previous boot in dmesg
 > after a reboot?

   The machine I'm using is a cheap mobile notebook with a ULV CPU.
 It does not have a serial port and a firewire. I have USB-serial
 adapters, but I don't think it helps to make a serial console.
 I can only take a memo by a pen, if the machine does not reboot
 immediately and the keyboard on DDB is alive.

 --
 kaho@elem.kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp