Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 14:20:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   inetd libwrap support not logging accepted connects?

I wanted to float this by questions before I submit a PR, to make
sure I'm not doing anything boneheaded. (-:

I have a hosts.allow similar to the following:

	telnetd : 192.168.1.19 : severity warning : deny
	ALL : ALL : severity notice : allow

I've noticed that no log messages whatsoever come through syslogd
when the `allow' line is matched.  I verified this (I think) by
adding the following line to syslog.conf temporarily (and of course
I touched /tmp/EVERYTHING before restarting syslogd):

	*.*					/tmp/EVERYTHING

Every other log message that goes through syslogd hits that file,
but there doesn't seem to be any for the `allow' matches.  I know
that older versions of tcpd would log allowed connects.

Am I doing something wrong?  (This is 3.3-RC as of Saturday.)

Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
Owner/Administrator, zigg.com
Chief Engineer, Nameless IRC Network