Date:      Sun, 25 May 1997 01:41:29 +0000
From:      "Jeroen" <albast@magigimmix.xs4all.nl>
To:        Questions@FreeBSD.ORG, SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG, ISP@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jh@Twiddle.COM
Subject:   Some advice needed

Hi there,

I have a question regarding some server setup;
I'm planning to use the Adaptec AHA-3940UW PCI adapter in combination
with two Quantum AtlasII QM34550ALSW 4.5 GB UW SCSI-3 harddisks.

I'd like to know if this is an acceptable choice in your books :-)
What mainboard/SCSI controller/SCSI drives do you recommend most?

Secondly I'm wondering what EtherExpress PRO card is being used in
the wcarchive.cdrom.com machine, there doesn't seem to be any
specific information exept that it's a model 100B. The intel site
mentioned the Server adapter (with some i960 chip), the
T4 PCI adapter and the TX PCI adapter. Which one will work best
(full duplex) with the fxp driver?

Server setup:
Asus P/I-P6RP7D + 200MHz PPro
4 * 64MB Parity SIMMs
Adaptec 3940UW PCI SCSI adapter
2 * Quantum AtlasII QM34550ALSW 4.5GB UW SCSI3 harddrives

Comments?
TIA for sharing experience/knowledge/opinions :-)

cheers,
Jeroen.

PS: sorry if you're subscribed to all three mailinglists ;-)