Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:24:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Noses <noses@noses.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

In <3B4A7D9C.A64230D9@softweyr.com> wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters) wrote:
> Oh, come now.  FreeBSD's disk partitioning has always sucked.

I just installed NetBSD on a Sun. Believe me, I'd even willing to pay for
sysinstall as it is right now. It was a nightmare.

> The main problem with sysinstall all along has been that it is a one-off
> program.  There is no glitz in writing installers, and they're only used
> once, then rarely if ever again.

I guess you're wrong; it is actually easier to tell customers to use
/stand/sysinstall for package management and configuration of /etc/rc.conf
than having them attack delicate parts of the system with clumsy fingers.

Noses.