Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 98 09:55:31 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        ncb@okugi.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re : dialup solution for unix & nt network

Hello,

I don not know particularly RAS, but you can get dialin PPP connection
with FreeBSD using the "mgetty+sendfax" package and a recent version of
PPP (the one included in 2.2.8-Release should be ok)

The configure procedure is not very hard, but follow precisely the doc
which comes with mgetty (there is also something in the handbook)
(email me if the doc is not clear enough)

As for replacing a file and print server for Win$ machines, Samba or
Rumba should make do (look in the mailing list archives on
www.freebsd.org : there are issues about password encrypting - or not -
with Lose'98)

	TfH