Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:32:06 EDT
From:      Ciskid@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Point-to-Point network question

    I setup a point to point network with FreeBSD 2.2.7 and win98. I'm using
win98 as a proxy to the i-net. I setup BSD like this
ifconfig ed1 192.168.0.2
ifconfig tu0 192.168.0.2  192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.255
ifconfig lo0 127.0.0.1

The ip 192.168.0.1 is the IP of my NIC card on my windows box. When I go to
ping the windows box from the bsd box i get an erro host down. It will ping
localhost aswell as its hostname fine, the windows box also has no problem
pinging it self. I bought my cable from radio shack and the guy said it will
work on my type of network. Is there anything i'm doing wrong in my
configuration? Thanks