Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:16:16 -0500
From:      llamas@golden.net
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound card buzzes

I've been trying to get my sound card working properly under freebsd for
sometime now.  Currently sound plays properly but when ever audio stops
playing, there is a loud buzzing for about 5 seconds.  I'm trying to do
this on a celeron 466, 96 megs Ram, Crystal Sound 4280 which is build into
the motherboard, running FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.

This is what is being detected from freebsd at boot and to my knowledge is
correct:

csa0: <Crystal Semiconductor CS4614/4622/4624 Audio accelerator/4280 Audio
controller> mem 0xfea00000-0xfeafffff,0xfebff000-0xfebfffff irq 11 at
device 11.0 on pci0
pcm0: <CS461x PCM Audio> on csa0

/dev/sndstat contains:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Dec 10 2000 11:20:59
Installed devices:
pcm0: <CS461x PCM Audio> at irq 11 (1p/1r channels duplex)

does anyone have any suggestions or similar problems??