Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 01:20:53 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>, Ben Rosengart <ben@skunk.org>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: sigset_t changes committed

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 04:17:29PM -0700, Doug wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Ben Rosengart wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Harold Gutch wrote:
> >
> > > I interpreted the way of currently handling things (build the
> > > kernel first, then the userland) to be a _temporary_ solution,
> > > that Marcel was working on being fixed. If this is not the case,
> > > then I agree with you.
> >
> > If I understand correctly, it only needs to be done once per system, but
> > it makes no difference whether it happens on a given system now or six
> > months from now.
>
> 	Yes, if I understand Marcel correctly from this moment forward
> everyone who upgrades from any version of freebsd prior to today's
> -current will have to build the kernel first.

Uhm, that's the way I see it being _right now_ as well. What I
was thinking of, was that things would go smoother if you
wouldn't upgrade _right now_, but in [insert some time in the
near future here], as things would perhaps be "fixed" by then.
And yes, I'm thinking of an upgrade from the "classical
kernel/userland" to the "new one", e.g. an upgrade from last
week's kernel and userland to the one in two months time.

Perhaps I silently just expected too much :).

bye,
  Harold

--
<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet