Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:24:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Colin Beck <beck@7thdesign.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp, pnp

I have been working at getting my PnP modem working under FreeBSD release
2.2.6. I recompiled the kernel with controller ppp0, put the pnp ID in
/usr/sys/isa/sio.c, and by entering "-c" and then "pnp 1 0 enable os irq0
3 drq0 0 port0 0x2f8" I was able to get sio1 to recognize it.

How do I make it so that I do not have to manually tell pnp what settings
to use for my card at bootup?

Also, when I am trying to dial my modem manually in ppp, the modem doesn't
output to the screen like it should. Instead, I get the message "myname
/kernel: sio4: 1 events for device with no tp".

How can I get it to play nice?

Thanks for you help,

Colin Beck