Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 07:06:06 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Subject:   Re: NS 4.76 instead of 4.77 in 4.3-RELEASE? (GRRR)

In message <3AFA725D.3339AA56@cvzoom.net>, Donn Miller writes:
> Chris Fedde wrote:
>
> > Or install a recent port of Mozilla.  It's not perfect yet but it is
> > stable enough for my daily use.
>
> But does it work with java though?  Galeon works with Java, I've heard.

<tangent>
I've always had problems with Linux Netscape under FreeBSD.  (Not sure
how well Netscape runs under Linux itself, never had the opportunity to
run it under Linux).  Java eventually loops forever, freezing the
Netscape application, requiring a kill -9 (it never responded to a kill
-15).  Switching to the native FreeBSD Netscape app, my java problems
were reduced.  I had this problem on a P120 with 80 MB of memory and a
333 MHz PII with 128 MB of RAM.
</tangent>

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC