Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:59:37 -0800
From:      Dan the Man <dan@microtech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gettytab question

I sent this to the stable list by mistake earlier...hope no one got all
upset.

   Maybe someone out there can shed some light on this for me.  My
3.4-RELEASE
system (custom kernel build) seems to be ignoring the 'if' and 'lm'
fields in /etc/gettytab.  Everything I have read indicates that what I
am doing should work, and the 'im' field works fine.  There don't appear
to be any later entries in the file that override what I have specified
in the default.  Here's what I've got, anybody have any ideas?

default:\
        :cb:ce:ck:lc:fd#1000:sp#1200:if=/etc/issue:\
        :lm=Please log in\072 :im=\r\n\
   | Welcome to Capricorn.org |\r\n\

(now you all know the location of my secret lair)
--

                  -Dan
I/O, I/O,

_/ My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer, \_
 \ ISP, friends, family, or any other carbon-based life forms.  /