Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:23:42 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Brett Cates" <bcates513@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Changing MAC Address

The solution is quite simple, Use a PC that has PCI expansion slots,
or purchase an ISA to PCI conversion card. I have seen these years ago
when PCI first started showing up on motherboards.

You could always ask your cable service to exchange the PCI card for
an ISA card. They may have both types in stock.

A PCI card will not plug into an ISA expansion slot.

Your problem is not FBSD related, it's hardware related.

The PC you want to use for your gateway/router is just to dam old and
there is nothing you can do about it with the card your cable
service sent you.