Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 01:38:06 -0700
From:      un_x@anchorage.net
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   plethera

i thought i'd try out 2.2.1R after enjoying 2.1.5 for a year ...

1. i find most of my manpages are corrupt (sh, csh, cd, ps, man, date,
	time, etc.)  i get ".../cat1/*.1.gz not in gzip format" errors.
2. packages don't seems to install via /stand/sysinstall.  i get
	packages/INDEX not found errors.  it is in
	C:\freebsd\packages, and is not corrupt.  i've downloaded it
	in binary mode multiple times, and have all my packages in
	packages/all.
3. this i haven't confirmed more than twice, but i get an error
	when sysinstall extracts X32f100.tgz (something to the
	effect that the archive ended before the end).

	when i try to add it again via sysinstall, i get some error,
	(can't remember what!  media?)

4. a minor note, /etc doesn't extract with a "resolv.conf" file.
5. i got "info" pages after i installed, and tried to add them via
	sysinstall, but sysinstall says it can't find them.  i have
	selected DOS media, and do have the complete info dir in
	c:\freebsd.

can anyone help me out with some of this stuff?