Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:22:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Options for updating jail world (regular and ezjail)

I am trying to sort through the different options for updating the jail
world.
The idea is, after I have gone through the trouble of a buildworld /
installworld for the host system, I should be able to use the same for
jails.

The problem I have is that host-world is fatter than what I want in
jail-world (examples, manpages, /rescue and such). This means I want to
trim-down the already built host-world for jail. Solutions I have thought
of:
1. # make -DWITHOUT_MAN -DWITHOUT_JAIL installworld
2. Place the "-D*" options in a config file and call that somehow
3. # make release (according to pre-set config file), then untar the iso(?)
into destdir.

The problem is further complicated by the fact that there are jails I have
setup through "installworld DESTDIR" and by using "ezjail-admin update -i
-b". ezjail is able to update through iso/tar (optn 3) and will not loose
the config data (including /usr/local/etc) while the native jail would loose
all config data.

Regards.