Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:49:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      Steven Young <dreamer@freelow.ninsei.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: visual config editor

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> >   My question: Does this seem like the most efficient way to do things? Is
> > there somewhere else I can find the information that I'm currently putting
> > in the DESC file? Is it true that, by contributing in my own little way to
>
> If you could come up with a comment syntax for LINT which wasn't too
> offensive, you might be able to swing that.  It would, at least,
> consolidate the information into one file.

  Hm, well now.  The help text would be pretty easy to put in the LINT
file - probably something simple like just putting a comment block above
each option, and that will be imported as the help text.  However, as
far as including a list of required/possible arguments.. hm.  Are the
arguments listed in the LINT file all the _possible_ arguments for a
particular option, or are they just the required ones?  I'm hoping it's
only the required ones, because then I can just make the user fill those
out and let them insert any additional options manually (for now, anyway).

  Steve.