Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 1995 22:20:25 -3100 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        current@freefall.cdrom.com, julian@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: if_fddisubr.c

> >from LINT (with -Wall)
> >
> >../../net/if_fddisubr.c: In function `fddi_input':
> >../../net/if_fddisubr.c:486: `ac' undeclared (first use this function)
> >../../net/if_fddisubr.c:486: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> >../../net/if_fddisubr.c:486: for each function it appears in.)
> >../../net/if_fddisubr.c:487: `eh' undeclared (first use this function)
> >
> >Someone cure please...
>
>    This is the third report I've gotten about this. It is of course fixable,
> but the 'right' fix is probably to remove the netiso code. Noone in our group
> has the ability to test it, and as far as I know it is broken and useless. The
> errors are ocurring because LINT defines options "ISO" and the if_fddisubr.c's
> ISO code is out of date.

There are people out there playing with the NETISO code, at one time there
was a very large patch submitted against the 1.1.X code to actually make
it all work.  Also I belive there are people at TRW who have the code in
2.0 working again.

Julian can you respond on this, it seems I talked to someone there who
was working on this stuff?