Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:41:56 -0700
From:      patrick <patrick@esoltani.com>
To:        fbsd-ipfw@0x10.com
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd and ipfw problems...hope this is the right place=)

fbsd-ipfw@0x10.com wrote:
> Diagram:
>                              .oO( Internet )Oo.
>                                [----DSL------]
>                                [ adsl router ]       <- No Nat
>                                [-------------]
>                                 |           |
>                                 B           A
>                [--------WL-------]         [---BSD---]
>   NAT ->       [ wireless router ]         [ bsd box ]
>                [-----------------]         [---------]
>                 |               |           |
>                 |               |           |
>                 |               |___________|
> [---------WEB--------]
> [ web server + media ]
> [--------------------]
> IP Addresses:
> A: External IP 82.*.*.A
> B: External IP 82.*.*.B
> X: Internal IP 192.168.1.101
> Y: Internal IP 192.168.1.100
Hi,

How the wireless is configured? i.e., does it accept incoming requests
from Internet for the webserver?

If the wireless IS NOT accepting any incoming requests for the web
server from the Internet then something like the following should do the
trick:

*BSD* box: build it as NATD and IPFW machine.
- Assign your public web IP as an alias to the external NIC, so the
outside world will hit your BSD box for the web pages.

In /etc/rc.conf add; assuming your public web server is at 82.82.82.82.
Note the netmask which is what ALL the aliased ips should have.  Also
assuming you have fxp0 as your External Interface on the BSD box.

ifconfig_fxp0_alias0="inet 82.82.82.82 netmask 255.255.255.255"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="fxp0"
natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"

- In your /etc/natd.conf add
redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.100:80 82.82.82.82:80

-Adjust your ipfw rules to allow port 80 for the public ip and private
ip to your liking.

*WEB* box: make it's default gateway the BSD box, i.e., the internal
interface on the BSD box will be the default route for the WEB box.

Since the Wireless and the BSD box are on the same LAN/network, your
wireless clients should have no problem reaching the web server.

I am sure there are other ways of doing this, but this a good start.

Regards,
Patrick Soltani.