Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:52:52 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   Putting MD5 checksums on the web site

Hi,
some time ago, Bruce added the MD5 checksums for the 4.7 ISOs to
the release notes website (www/en/releases/4.7R/CHECKSUM-i386.MD5
in the CVS repository).  I think this is a good idea that should
be repeated for 5.0.  I could assemble the file easily enough from
the various CHECKSUM.MD5 files for the different platforms by
sampling the mirrors.

However, I think it would be a better idea to have that file assembled
and PGP-signed by the security-officer before adding it.

Comments?

/s/Udo
--
Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains; a pretty violent
image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it,