Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 17:16:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        techsupport@nordicdms.com
Cc:        Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DPT RAID controller support

You are mixing the 2 different types of RAID boxes out there.

The external RAID controller is what you're referring to, and is
certainly a viable solution and OS independent.

However, for a variety of reasons, an in-cabinet solution is nice.

Generally speaking, the custom/non-external RAID controllers tend to be
faster, although this is not absolute.