Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 1996 20:31:43 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sound editor - is there some free available?

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Marc van Kempen wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Seppo Kallio wrote:
> >
> > > FreeBSD Current ports does not include any sound editor. Is there s=
ome
> > > free one working on FreeBSD (or Linux emu)?

> Look for mxv, it is based on interviews and a pain to compile on
> FreeBSD, I just went for the Linux binary after trying too long.

I did try to compile xwave-0.5alpha, got it compiled when commented out
all code using sound devices. So I have a binary showing the sound in a
window, I can clip and paste (?) it but I cannot hear nor save it...

I think someone with more experience with Linux/FreeBSD audio could quite
easy get it working. xwave-0.5alpha is ported to Linux and SGI (I think)

Seppo Kallio				kallio@jyu.fi
Computing Center			Fax +358-14-603611
U of Jyv=E4skyl=E4		62.14N 25.44E	Phone +358-14-603606
PL 35, 40351 Jyv=E4skyl=E4, Finland		http://www.jyu.fi/~kallio