Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 1999 05:31:43 -0800
From:      "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi@cisco.com>
To:        Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
Cc:        shibumi@cisco.com, Gerd Heber <heber@elmasri.capsl.udel.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wireless (Netwave Airsurfer)

Sorry, thats correct.  Didn't mean to misinform, just forgot about the new
generation cards.  I do have a new card (my SO uses it on her Windoze
box), but haven't taken the time to convert the driver.

On Thu, 04 Mar 1999 17:04:39 +0900, Sendmail channeled Jun-ichiro itojun
Hagino saying:

> >The Baystack card used to be a Xircom Netwave.  Try the cnw driver instead.
>
> 	There are two kind of Netwave Airsurfer cards.
> 	old: "Netwave Airsurfer",
> 	new: "Netwave Airsurfer Plus", with IEEE802.11 compatibility
>
> 	I believe cnw driver is only for old ones.  Baystack card is based on
> 	Netwave Airsurfer Plus (new one) so it may not work.  I saw there was
> 	Linux driver for the new ones, so it should be possible to modify
> 	cnw driver.
> 	(I don't have the new ones personally)

| Kenton A. Hoover                  Network Team Manager | shibumi@cisco.com |
| Engineering Computer Services                          |                   |
| Cisco Systems, Inc.                                    |   +1.408.526.5249 |
|       People are our most important assets: they get the high-quality      |
|                           inventory control tags                           |