Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 1995 10:06:18 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Thu, 27 Jul 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> I seem to have bumped into a problem with iijppp & its LQR requests -
>
> I start 'ppp -auto gate' where gate is my network provider.   ppp says
> "thank you very much" and hangs around waiting for something exciting to
> happen.  Something exciting happens, ppp logs on, establishes the link and
> eventually exciting things stop happening and it drops the link.
>
> This is what we _DO_ want.
> The problem however is (I think!) that LcpLayerDown() doesn't call StopLqr().
>
> 50 seconds later (1 LQR / 10 secs, 5 without response = timeout) ppp gives
> up and exits.
>
> Some time later, something exciting happens, but it doesn't stay exciting for
> very long 'cos ppp isn't playing any more.
>

> I've tried sticking the line
>
>     StopLqr( LQM_LQR );
>
> into LcpLayerDown() after the StopAllTimers line.  It seems to make ppp happy.

I use the following configuration to connect to Demon using iijppp's
autodial features:

default:
 set device /dev/cua02
 set speed 115200
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK
\\dATDT\\T T
IMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

demon:
 set phone 01813384848
 set login "TIMEOUT 15 login:-\\r-login: mylogin word: mypasswd ocol: PPP"
 set timeout 120
 set ifaddr 158.152.30.118 158.152.1.222
 add 0 0 158.152.1.222

--