Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 06:48:49 -0700
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyclades PCI Strange Behavior

Where I have not had much experience with the Cyclades I can tell you I've
had woes with *some* VX motherboards. Rip it out and put an HX in its place
and all your woes "might" just go away...I don't know why.

Thanx,

At 10:16 AM 5/29/97 -0300, Paulo Fragoso wrote:
>We have here the following configuration:
>
>a Pentium 133 with Intel i430vx Motherboard
>32MB RAM.
>1.2GB IDE HardDrive
>a Trident PCI Video Card
>A cyclades PCI Cy32 card mapped to high memory
>32 dial-in modems
>
>Some strange things are happening here.
>
>We are getting a lot of silo overflows that get more frequently when we
>start using the computer ( very frequent when we compile the kernel ).
>If we start an upload to the computer, we have very much silo overflows
>than in a download.
>
>After about 1 day with the system running it JUST RESETS without any
>message in the screen if we SWITCH ONE OF THE MODEMS OFF AND ON AGAIN (
>Just after we turn if on ).
>
>Is this a cyclades PCI Card design error? Is there any solution to the
>problem? Is it a driver problem? Or do i have a problematic card?
>
>I have a cyclades Cyclom16Y ISA running since FreeBSD2.1.0 with no silo
>overflows in more than one year.
>
>Luiz

Thanx,
Randy A. Katz - Virtualis Systems Administrator
            EMAIL --> mailto:rkatz@virtualisys.com
          SUPPORT --> http://www.virtualisys.com/support
          VR AREA --> http://www.virtualisys.com/vrarea
           VR FAQ --> http://www.virtualisys.com/faq.html