Date:      Sat, 5 Mar 2005 08:05:53 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Pawel Wieleba <P.Wieleba@iem.pw.edu.pl>
Subject:   Re: [port update] print/foomatic-db; how to name the package with the current date

--nextPart2585044.LIEepyAXRH

On Friday, 4. March 2005 16:04, Pawel Wieleba wrote:

> Therefore I've got a question.
> As stated on http://www.linuxprinting.org/foomatic.html
> devel/foomatic-db is updated daily, therefore I would like to have an
> up-to-date database during port installation (fetching) on my machine, not
> just the date stated in devel/foomatic-db/Makefile.
> I would like to do this automaticaly and I would like that this
> information
> (meaning date) will be added to the created package name

This isn't a good idea. You don't want a port that dynamically tracks a CVS=
=20
branch, since you cannot guarantee that way that it will 1.) build and 2.)=
=20
the plist will be correct. Instead, you should choose a fixed date, test wi=
th=20
that very thoroughly (like the present foomatic-db port, which hasn't any=20
issues I am aware of) and use that.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org