Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:26:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Roberts <droberts@gwis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   More PAM modules.. radius, mysql? (addendum)

> I'd like to know where we can find additional modules for use under
> FreeBSD's implementation of PAM.  My specific application calls for
> centralizing our password database.  I'd like to authenticate passwords
> for login, ftp and pop3 sessions on my FreeBSD-3.1 machine either via a
> radius server or out of a mySQL database table.

A couple rather intriguing things I've found in 3.1-R are:

 /etc/radius.conf
 /usr/lib/libradius.so
 /usr/lib/pam_radius.so

A man page for radius.conf explains how to set the file up, however there
is no indication of what its function is.  The libradius.so would suggest
some way of performing radius authentication, but again, no documentation.
Finally, the pam_radius indicates some way of doing this through pam,
however again... no documentation.  Very very frustrating.  Perhaps
someone on the list has some idea what these files are for?

--
Dan Roberts, http://gwis.com/~droberts        Gateway to Internet Services
Dragons Hockey, http://rm-rf.net/dragons               http://www.gwis.com