Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:32:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Leo M. Andres" <lmandres@beta.loyno.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP Install

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.2 using a floppy startup disk and an FTP
install.  I have a PPro 150 mhz and a SIIG 28.8 modem at com3 addr: 03e8h
irq4.  I am using PPP to transfer files.  I got all the way to the dial-up
terminal and established a connection.  It connects and transfers about
300,000 kbytes before the connection just quits.  I'm pretty sure that the
dial-up server is hanging up on me.  I am using EarthLink for my ISP.  Is
there any command to keep the connection open or to tickle the server?

Thanks,
Leo