Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 1995 21:34:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Per-Olof Carlsson <morpheus@algonet.se>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vidcontrol and screen modes

Hello!

I've installed FreeBSD 2.0.5 on my computer at home, and must say that
I'm very pleased with it! I've come across a problem with it though, and
that's when I try to use vidcontrol to set the video-mode to either
VGA_80x50 or VGA_80x60 - it just won't work, neither will EGA_80x43.

This is odd, since my setup can handle that.

My equipment is briefly:
ASUS PCI M/B w/ i486DX2-66, 16MB RAM, NCR SCSI HD PCI, ATI Mach64 2MB PCI

The install is pretty fresh right now, I haven't altered anything really,
from the default install - just got it :)

If you can solve this problem, I'd be more than happy! Just seeing 25-30
lines on a 21" isn't my idea of having fun ;)

Best regards,

Per-Olof Karlsson \\ self-confessed MUD-addict, writer, physicist, lazy \\
morpheus@algonet.se //////////////////////////// worst .sig ever? ////////