Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 10:49:35 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        A JOSEPH KOSHY <koshy@india.hp.com>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lowend support!

> What work remains to be done?  I note that we don't support EIDE disks
> for example.   In what way can we folks here help?

If you guys have this sort of hardware, you can help us figure out a
way of getting BIOS information preserved so that the installation
utilities (and, in particular, /usr/src/release/libdisk) can get at
them.

You can also greatly help us out by agreeing to do timely BETA testing for
the next releases - if you have the kind of hardware there that causes
frequent problems, then you're good test cases for finding and fixing
those problems.

Finally, anyone at all wishing to look into the 4MB installation
problem BEFORE we're ready to do the next release would find their
efforts well appreciated! :-)

					Jordan