Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 1997 15:54:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Greg Hormann <ghormann@nix.kconline.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ld.so AND emacs

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Greg Hormann wrote:

> Was there ever a workaround found for the emacs/ld.so problem?  I searched
> the archives to no avail.

John Polstra found the bug, it was in the odd way that emacs puts itself
together, and the fix has already been committed to current.

He said (I think) xemacs didn't have the bug.  I believe that, since I've
been beating the bejesus out of xemacs on this lousy lisp project I'm
doing.  Thank god CMU lisp is a port, and I have it working nicely with
xemacs (instead of xemacs's native elisp)

> Thanks,
>
> Greg.

> Greg Hormann                                          |      |    |
> ghormann@indiana.edu                                  |      |    |
> http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~ghormann/home.html        |.     \____/.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |