Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:34:52 +0100 (MET)
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@sci.kun.nl>
To:        Holger Kipp <Holger.Kipp@alogis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: State of linux emulation under AMD64 (eg Opteron)?

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Holger Kipp wrote:
> is it planned to have either 32-bit and/or 64-bit Linux Emulation
> available for AMD64 in the near future or to offer a general 32-bit
> 'Emulation' to run binaries compiled for 32-bit x86?

Near future is apparently "once Peter &| David have the time." First on
the list of priorities is getting 32-bit FreeBSD binaries to work. This is
apparently close, but no cigar (and I might add that even 64-bit with
threading is now very rough again). Getting Linux stuff to work is still
much farther off.