Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:33:43 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GCC as a selling point for FreeBSD? (Not!)

--hQiwHBbRI9kgIhsi

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 11:06:58AM -0800, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> writes:
>=20
> > Brett's main talents lie in complaining that others aren't writing
> > code for FreeBSD.
>=20
> Brett has used his real main talents in the development of BSD code more
> than enough to deserve our tolerance in his choice of -chat topics.
>=20
> It's not nice to bite the hand that fed you.

As far as I know Brett has never written anything non-trivial that
appears in BSD (although to be fair he's probably submitted a trivial
patch somewhere).  See above.

The only people Brett can claim to be feeding are the users who have
read and benefited from his articles.  In other words, it's *Brett*
who's biting the hand that feeds him, by continually whining to the
developers that they're doing the wrong thing by not doing what he
says.

Kris

--hQiwHBbRI9kgIhsi

--hQiwHBbRI9kgIhsi--