Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2006 02:50:09 +0200
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: away

On Friday 31 March 2006 02:13, David Xu wrote:
> =D4=DA Thursday 30 March 2006 23:05=A3=ACErich Dollansky =D0=B4=B5=C0=A3=
=BA

> > Hi David,
> >
> > David Xu wrote:
> > > I will go away today due to some unpleasant person attack to me, in t=
he

> past,
>
> > let me tell you about a conversation I have had recently with a Chinese.
> > He wondered how people with a different social background handle things
> > like this.
> >
> > He learned that a situation which makes Chinese mortal enemies for at
> > least a year makes people having a beer on the very next day if they
> > come from a different background.
> >
> > He learned this with his own experience.
> >
> > > because the work load was large, I admit I have made some coding
> > > mistakes which some people think it is serious while other don't think
> > > so,
> >
> > People who criticize you do no mistakes?
> >
> > > made to me is very harmful, I feel I can not recover from such
> > > disaster,
> >
> > What disaster?
> >
> > Did you do some work for that big software company known for their
> > 'open' software?
> >
> > Take a break!
> >
> > Erich
>
> Thanks for you encourage, the disaster is my skill was doubted and insult=
ed
> and I may lose job opportunity, this can kill me if it is widely spreaded.

Well it just may be that the eye of the beholder isn't that clear at all. I=
=20
think you're viewing all this in a much too modest way, it may be a cultura=
l=20
difference. I think instead you should take the stance that with your work=
=20
things work and without it doesn't and is there anyone as qualified as you=
=20
who w/could suggest another way? (answer will be a long silence mostly).

How come you're so insecure? Everything points to that. Why? You know much=
=20
more than most of us do. The people paying you should know better than to=20
judge you based on what people _not_ paying you are saying (even if those a=
re=20
right. then you can adapt, no? that's what open source is about, and maybe=
=20
you'll finally get the feedback you always wanted in the process -- I said =
we=20
were short of people, we're even more short of feedback generally).

Also, kudos to DES who I think handled the damage control as best as possib=
le.=20
Well done there.

Take a vacation David, and then just come back, that would be my advice if=
=20
anyone cares ;-)

(and yeah I can be a prick ever so often by my own device, and feel ashamed=
=20
for it later. people are people)

Dan