Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:47:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        fedrac@www2.drikka.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: X setup

Hi Marco,

If you right click when placing the new xterm, it will automatically
set its size to the bottom of your screen. If your virtual screen size
is larger than your monitor, you can adjust this with xvidtune somewhat.
Be careful not to exceed your monitor's specifications. Read the man
pages for xvidtune and xterm.

I have a 15" monitor but the virtual screen is almost 23". You can
"scroll" to the hidden portions by moving the mouse pointer to the edge
in the direction you wish to go. Some people find this very irritating
and it does take some getting used to, but I've grown to like it.

It depends on whether your monitor, video card, and xserver combination
can support this.

John