Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 18:10:40 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        ada@bsd.org
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nokia cellular

> Has anybody gotten the nokia cellular data stuff to work?
> (Any of it?  I think one emulates a modem.)

>From the (poor) documentation I've seen so far, the Windows driver
emulates a serial port, but the actual interface to the phone is
different again.  There appears to be a standard for the interface, but
no sign of a document describing it, only a single vendor selling the
driver software.

Determining the protocol should be relatively straightforward given the
right tools.  From there, the rest is a SMOP.

mike