Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:12:00 -0400
From:      <cokerstrom@omnipay.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Postfix Port Problem on 4.11

I'd seen some discussion of the Postfix port problem with TLS & SPF, but
while no solution seems to have been found, I didn't at this point really
need SPF, so I bravely jumped on in.  I'm attempting to upgrade my postfix
2.0x using just TLS & SASL and now seem to be going around in a big
circle... any help or tips would be appreciated.

Background:
I recently upgraded my FreeBSD 4.9 to 4.11 thru the binary upgrade option on
a CD and alls good.  I wanted to get postfix(2.0.15) up to date as well, but
I keep hitting an error, initially in the tls patch portion, and now even
selecting no compile options at all.

Initially, when performing the "make install" in ports/mail/postfix, the TLS
selection text on the options panel showed "BROKEN", so it was no surprise
that it didn't work.  So I then ran the portsupgrade utility for the postfix
port (portsupgrade -r postfix), which at first looked promising as the
"BROKEN" text was no longer present.  This upgrade brought in ver 2.1.5, but
had a different problem (and at this time I'm not even selecting any config
options, just simple postfix make.

The Problem:

Here's what I'm seeing....

nickel# pwd
/usr/ports/mail/postfix
nickel# make clean
===>  Cleaning for libtool-1.5.10
===>  Cleaning for pcre-5.0
===>  Cleaning for postfix-2.1.5_1,1
nickel# make install  {{At the options panel, I select no options}}
===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
Nothing selected
===>  Extracting for postfix-2.1.5_1,1
===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
=> Checksum OK for postfix/postfix-2.1.5.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for postfix-2.1.5_1,1
echo "<body>See <A
HREF="header_checks.5.html">header_checks.5.html</A></BODY>" >
/usr/ports/mail/postfix/work/postfix-2.1.5/html/body_checks.5.html
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for postfix-2.1.5_1,1
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to ./src/master/master.c.rej
=> Patch patch-ee failed to apply cleanly.
=> Patch(es) patch-ea patch-eb patch-ec patch-ed applied cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/postfix.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/postfix.

nickel# cat master.c.rej
***************
*** 104,107 ****
  /* FILES
! /*    /etc/postfix/main.cf: global configuration file.
! /*    /etc/postfix/master.cf: master process configuration file.
  /*    /var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid: master lock file.
--- 104,107 ----
  /* FILES
! /*    !!PREFIX!!/etc/postfix/main.cf: global configuration file.
! /*    !!PREFIX!!/etc/postfix/master.cf: master process configuration file.
  /*    /var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid: master lock file.

It's giving me this error in both the postfix and postfix-current ports.
Anyone have some clues they could toss my way?

Chuck