Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:05:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@jwweeks.com>
To:        Adrian NoSpm! <adrian_nospm@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how do you have seperate UIDs for each frontpage web?

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Adrian NoSpm! wrote:

> _vti_pvt not owned by web root owner:
>
> It's impractivle to have all the virtual webs with
> the same GUI/UID so how do you tell frontpage to
> operate with different unix users and groups?

I think you may be misinterpreting the error message.  Frontpage is
telling you that the uid/gid you are feeding the install script is not
matching the ownership of _vti_pvt.

Is it possible that the owner doesn't have the same numeric uid/gid on the
new machine?  This should be easily corrected with:

cd /usr/local/www/whatever
chown -R username userdir
chgrp -R usergroup userdir

Then Frontpage should be able to install/upgrade extensions.

Hope this helps,

--
Jim