Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:10:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/61760: OpenOffice-1.1 still stalls in install on RELENG_4

The following reply was made to PR ports/61760; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Cc: andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:00:16 +1100

 Hi all,

 Well, that's weird.  Just re-trying the installation, at the several
 stages where it stopped, seems to have brought me to the state of having
 a working OOo-1.1.0.1:

 removing the .installed-foo file from the work directory, and
 pkg_deleting the failed install allowed me to re-do the make install
 operation, and that ran to completion.

 So then I ran the workstation install as myself, and that hung after a
 while, so I killed that too.  However it seemed to have put a lot of
 files in ~/OpenOffice.org1.1.0, and the setup.log file therein didn't
 actually mention any errors, so I've just tried again (by running
 ~/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/setup), and that all seems to have worked.  Well,
 it's running now...

 Not particularly confidence-inspiring, but if it works, it'll do.

 Cheers,

 --
 Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>