Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 09:55:20 -0500
From:      "Boyd R. Faulkner" <faulkner@asgard.hos.net>
To:        Jason Bennett <jason@r33h142.res.gatech.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panics

On Mon, May 05, 1997 at 01:32:09AM -0400, Jason Bennett wrote:

> 	For one reason or another, mutt is now panicing my current system.
> Whenever it tries to write the mail file, it freezes and the entire thing
> reboots. This is a recent build, about a week or so old.
>
> 	My only guess is my mail file is somehow corrupted, although elm
> doesn't have any problems. The mutt people claim it's BSD's fault for
> panicing. I think I have too much beta software. :-)
>
> 	jason

It isn't universal.  I am running ...

Mutt 0.69, Copyright (C) 1996,1997 Michael R. Elkins <me@cs.hmc.edu>
System info: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT
Compile time definitions:
-DOMAIN
+USE_DOMAIN  -HIDDEN_HOST  -DONT_ADD_FROM
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID
-USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
-USE_DSN  +USE_8BITMIME  +USE_POP  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_RX  +HAVE_COLOR
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
SHAREDIR="/usr/local/share"
ISPELL="/usr/local/bin/ispell"
_PGPPATH="/usr/local/bin/pgp"

with Current supped and built 5/2.  Haven't seen a thing.

Inbox are maildir.  Save boxes are mbox.

Boyd