Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:49:47 +0100 (MET)
From:      masini@ele.uniroma3.it (Gianlorenzo Masini)
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   build failure of port pisces-IIB under 5.0

Dear FreeBSD software engineers,

I apologize for delay in answering. The port piscesIIB fail to compile on=
 5.0 due to a more strict behavior of the new compiler which does not accept=
 initialization of variables with non-constant values. In the specific case=
 we have stdin (and stdout immediately after) assigned to a pointer-to-file=
 variable during declaration.
=20
I suggest two possible solutions to this problem:
1) hardwiring throughout the library stdin and stdout
2) using a specific flag (during compilation) to allow for non-constant =
 initialization of variables.

In the second case I need to know  if such a flag exist in the new compiler.

I will looking forward to hearing from you to select a choice.

Best regards,                   Gianlorenzo Masini

* Dr. Gianlorenzo Masini                                               *
* NOOEL, Nonlinear Optics and Optoelectronics Lab                      *
* INFM and Department of Electronic Engineering, University "Roma Tre" *    =
                                          *         Via della Vasca=
 Navale,84 - 00146 - Roma - Italy             *                            =
=20
* Phone:  ++39-06-55177093         Fax:   ++39-06-5579078              *
* E-mail: masini@ele.uniroma3.it                                       *
* Web:    http://optow.ele.uniroma3.it/opto_2002.shtml                 *