Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:22:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trust public key only in PGP port

I am using pgpi 6.5.8 on FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.  My supervisor does not want
any private keys on the web server (which is my FreeBSD box).  However, I
did put the public key of the person I am encrypting information for on
the server so that PGPi can encrypt messages for them, and them alone.  I
do know it is possible to encrypt with just a public key and no private
key.  However, when I don't have a private key on the server, I keep
getting this prompt for user input to answer "Y" if I trust the public
key.  This won't work in a CGI.

Is there a way where it will just default to "Y" and not ask me, or do I
absolutely have to have that private key on there to sign the public key?

Thanks for your help.