Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 22:48:41 +0000
From:      Shiva Ramabadran <shiva@nandi.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: startslip

In message <24813.816483844@time.cdrom.com> Jordan writes:
 }
 } I've never gotten it to work from slattach.  Maybe it
 } works for other people, but for me it croaks immediately
 } after invocation when run by slattach, whereas it works
 } fine when run with the same arguments (and
 } script) if run by itself.
 }

Works flawlessly for me. I don't even bother to dial first
before invoking the slattach. I just pass the chat script
to slattach as the "redial on carrier loss" script with the
 -r option.  It forks the script off, a few seconds after
 starting up, when it realizes it does not have carrier detect.

I'm running a vanilla 2.1.0-950726-SNAP.

(I know, this is the current mailing list, and I'm not
running current, but I provide this information just a
point of reference.)

-Shiva
-=-