Date:      Sun, 01 Jun 2003 06:27:50 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        dmlb@dmlb.org
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OLDCARD fails with CURRENT

In message: <XFMail.20030601100754.dmlb@dmlb.org>
            Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org> writes:
: Hiya,
:
: On 29-May-2003 M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <000b01c32428$cc733560$a7ac77c1@DJK1Comp>
: >             "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@dmlb.org> writes:
: >: Would you like me to try them on my Acer with the O2Micro 711x chips? I
: >: might even do the back port (if it's not too big) as I want to get
: >: if_ray working on it
: >
: > Sure.  They are at
: > http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/o2micro-newcard.diff.  Supposedly, they
: > aren't needed for the newer 711x chipsets (you'll have to add the 711x
: > chipset you have to the list of o2micro cards), but you never know.
:
: Patched applied and added the devices and the kernel probed them fine. But
: it still hung in exactly the same way - launching init. I'm not in a rush
: for this, as I'm still hacking on the BCM4400 driver. But I will investigate
: sometime next week.

I think your o2micro parts are so new that I've not yet added them to
the o2micro list.  You may need to do that for these patches to work.

Warner