Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:19:59 -0800
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: don't fork portmaster source

--tIf5KBf7tKvgPVPokA7Hsec5wf1SwHh0U

On 2/10/2016 5:33 AM, John Marino wrote:
>> I'm asking myself how to manage the code. Should i create a new GitHub=
=20
>> repository? Fork the existing from freebsd/portmaster? How to handle t=
he=20
>> LOCAL Master-Site?
>=20
>=20
> Talk to Bryan Drewery.
>=20
> "If someone else would like to maintain this please discuss with me and=

> I will get you access to the github account where the code lives." from=

> portmaster commit history.
>=20

Well, I prefer to mentor someone into the position and see a good track
record before giving them full access. Portmaster is depended on by a
lot of people and needs special care. I've since told 2 people that once
they start sending me good patches/PR I'll grant them access. Said
another way I am offering to review patches and be involved with the
transition.

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery