Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2014 21:53:32 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Router Station Pro etherswitchcfg problem

Hi,

as I recently upgraded my RSPro to current current :) sources, I play a
bit with etherswitchcfg. RSPro uses Atheros 8316, and it looks like
there is something I do not understand fully or a problem.

In man page for etherswitchcfg, there is an example how to set vlan
with tagging:

etherswitchcfg vlangroup1 vlan 2 members 0,5t port0 pvid 2

(I must use 0,2t because there is no port 5, but that' just cosmetics),
however the result is not correct:

etherswitchcfg vlangroup1 vlan 2 members 0,2t port0 pvid 2
vlangroup1:
	vlan: 2
	members 0,2
port0:
	pvid: 2
	flags=1<CPUPORT>
	media: Ethernet 1000baseT <full-duplex>
	status: active

There is no 't' in vlangroup1 members port 2.

What I wanted was 'members 0t,2', but 't' is just seemingly ignored.
And, alas, when I tcpdump on arge1 interface, I see no tagged frames.

Full switch config is the following:

etherswitchcfg -v
etherswitch0: Atheros AR8316 Ethernet Switch with 5 ports and 16 VLAN
groups
etherswitch0: VLAN capabilities=16<PORT,DOT1Q,QinQ>
etherswitch0: VLAN mode: DOT1Q
port0:
	pvid: 1
	flags=1<CPUPORT>
	media: Ethernet 1000baseT <full-duplex>
	status: active
port1:
	pvid: 1
	flags=0<>
	media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
	status: no carrier
port2:
	pvid: 2
	flags=0<>
	status: no carrier
port3:
	pvid: 1
	flags=0<>
	media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
	status: no carrier
port4:
	pvid: 1
	flags=0<>
	media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
	status: active
vlangroup0:
	vlan: 1
	members 0,1,2,3,4
vlangroup1:
	vlan: 2
	members 0,2

Am I doing something wrong or is there some problem? Any idea how can I
achieve multiple tagged vlans on arge1 interface?

Regards,
Milan