Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 02:22:57 +0800 (SGT)
From:      Chan Tur Wei <twchan@singnet.com.sg>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uhci0: Could not map ports

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0102140141170.413-200000@zargrok.ctlsg.creaf.com> Chan Tur Wei writes:
> : uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> irq 128 at device 7.2 on pci0
>
> Now that's a new one.  irq 128 I mean.

Well, I think the IRQ is not the real problem; port address not being
assigned (i.e. port = 0x0) is the main thing.  On a desktop machine where
the USB does get detected, the uhci0: line above shows a port address and
a valid irq.

> : Is there any way for me hack some hard-coded addresses and IRQ's
> : (which I'd obtain from Windows on this dual-booted machine) into the
> : probe routines somewhere?  Short of such drastic action, is there
> : any resolution for this problem of mine?  I.e. for FreeBSD to somehow
> : or other allocate a port address/IRQ to the device, even if the
> : address is user-configured a'la isa hardware addresses?
>
> You'll likely have to hack on the IRQ assignment code in current.
>
> Warner

So only -current has the good stuff? :) I'm on -stable and would rather
not switch to -current.  But thanks for the pointer, I'll go grab code and
take a look-see.

Regards

  -T.W.Chan-