Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 16:41:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gunther Hipper <gunther@informatik.uni-rostock.de>
To:        smp@csn.net, smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        gunther@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Subject:   SMP-SNAP and EIDE runs fine !

Hi all and especially Steve !

And some good news: As to my opinion (or better as to my knowledge), the
SMP kernel SNAP (didn't yet try the pacthes from yesterday) now
RUNS with an EIDE drive. So, the comment on the EIDE can be removed from
the Web page !! EIDE runs fine !!!

Bye

Gunther

Call me an idiot.. but here is a nice story: to overcome the /dev/wd0,
I switched to a diskless client. So far.
Then, after some work for my boss, I did a complete install of the last
SNAP with the non-SMP kernel. Checked the NFS-mounts, my driver, etc.
After everything was okay, I decided to switch to the SMP-kernel.
Diskless, because of the EIDE problem, and I need this kernel VERY BADLY!!
SMP kernel ran fine diskless.
Then, I decided to check out the EIDE disk, and did a mount and boot. And
here's the story: after creating tars etc. and more and so on, I suddenly
remembered that my SWAP SPACE had a local setup on /DEV/WD0S2 !!
So, everything is running fine for more than a week !