Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:55:00 -0600
From:      ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Will we get a RELEASE-9.1 for Christmas?

On Friday 21 December 2012 08:12:49 Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:40:19 +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > I've just finished committing fixes for this problem to the master and
> > release-1.0 branches in Github.  If anyone is feeling enthusiastic and
> > would like to try pulling those sources and confirming that their
> > favourite packages no longer generate scads of nasty errors when
> > re-analysing shlib dependencies, I'd be grateful.
>
> Before I had a chance to try the git version, pkg-1.0.4 turned up in the
> ports. Good work!
>
> Hmm...
>
> $ pkg info pkg
> pkg-1.0.4                      New generation package manager
> $ pkg -v
> 1.0.3
> $
>
> Forgotten (by bapt I assume) again?
>
> A definite improvement in 'pkg ckeck -Ba' though; many fewer reported
> exceptions than before (openjdk7 and firefox are OK now):
>
> $ sudo pkg check -Ba
> pkg: (libreoffice-3.5.7_1) /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/
> configmgr.uno.so - shared library libxmlreader.so not found
> pkg: (virtualbox-ose-4.1.22) /usr/local/bin/VBoxBalloonCtrl - shared
> library VBoxRT.so not found
> <other virtualbox-ose exceptions snipped for brevity>
>
> $ locate libxmlreader.so
> /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/ure/lib/libxmlreader.so
> $ locate VBoxRT.so
> /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so
> $ file /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/ure/lib/libxmlreader.so
> /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/ure/lib/libxmlreader.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared
> object, x86-64, version 1 (FreeBSD), dynamically linked, stripped
> $ file /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so
> /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object,
> x86-64, version 1 (FreeBSD), dynamically linked, not stripped
> $

I try to update but I am not sure how. I am usin FreeBSD 9.1 RC3 and I have in
my make.conf WITH_PKGNG=yes and it works (I did pkg2ng long time ago). I use
portmaster. If I put as I got after error of update:
WITHOUT_PKGNG=yes

- switch to pkgng:
    1) Add WITHOUT_PKGNG to /etc/make.conf
    2) Install ports-mgmt/pkg
    3) Convert your package database by running pkg2ng
    4) Remove WITHOUT_PKGNG from /etc/make.conf

*** [pre-everything] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg.

than portmaster start with os many errors. Is it better to deinstal previous
version and try to install 1.0.4, please?

Thanks.

Mitja
--------
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa