Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 10:36:49 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: X11 protocol compressor.

> Contrib on ftp.x.org.  Or try NCD (Network Computing Devices).  The LBX
> (Low Bandwidth X) was developed by Mike(?) @ NCD and given to the X
> people for inclusion.  They wanted to modify it somewhat before the
> released it.  I believe the NCD code is out there under the name XRemote.

Uh, no.  I know about LBX and it's not what I'm looking for.  I'm
looking for something that SPOOFS as a server and does very simplistic
yet effective compression schemes on the datastream.  It's much easier
to use across different server and client environments (neither server
nor client need ever know) and it's a lot less reading than the LBX
documentation! :-)

						Jordan