Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 96 09:32:59 EST
From:      jeff@stat.uconn.edu (Jeffrey M. Metcalf)
To:        hardware@freebsd.com
Subject:   CDROM

Hi,

I was writing to ask if anyone has worked on device drivers to allow
FreeBSD to interact with Matsushita/Panasonic CDROM model CR-581,
which is a Quad speed CDROM.  This is all I have and installing
FreeBSD onto my system is a real pain without it.  If so, I would
be very interested in the drivers and any other supporting files
(eg. the necessary kernel source file lines) in order to get it
up and running.

If nobody has worked on it, how much work would be necessary to
adapt current Matsushita/Panasonic double-speed CR-562 and CR-563
device drivers to work with my model?  Is this even a remote possibility
in the near future?

Thanks,

J. Metcalf